The Sinai Publishing Companyis one of the oldest Jewish publishing houses now active.
The Sinai Publishing Company was founded in 1853 in Bratyslava (then Pressburg), as the Joseph SchlesingerPublishing House, after its founder, Jopseph Schlesinger. The firm Joseph Schlesinger was active in Vienna and in Budapest until the years of World War Two. The Vienna branch was closed down in 1938 and the Budapest branch continued functioning until March 1944.
In 1939 Akiva Schlesinger, a great-great-grandson of Joseph Schlesinger, left Budapest and moved to Israel, to open a branch of the company in Tel Aviv, changing its name to Sinai Publishing Company. The company focuses on the publication of religious books, mainly the scriptures and prayer books, with translations into a wide range of languages. It also acts as distributor of books on Jewish subjects, as well as other Judaica items.
The retail store of the Sinai Publishing Company is located on 24 Rambam Street, Tel Aviv. Telephone/fax: 03-5163672.
Offices:Dohan Street 20 (Shekhunath Ezra), Tel Aviv. Telephone/fax: 03-5163672; 03-5165369; 03-5100994